Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership with our client, a dynamic innovator in the vegetable sector on the appointment of Quality Manager for their site in Dungannon.
With growth and expansion at the forefront of the business, the successful Quality Manager will oversee the Quality & Hygiene Department, the people within, with responsibility for site food safety and quality on their brand new £20 million facility!
What you will receive:
- Market leading salary
- Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm
What your typical day will look like:
- Principal responsibility for ensuring that the site's quality and hygiene systems meet (and exceed, where applicable) the requirements of each respective customer, as well as ensuring compliance with all legislative and industry guidelines and regulations.
- Managing key interactions with customers and outside agencies / suppliers - particularly with respect to the effective receipt, logging, investigation, reporting and trending of incoming customer complaints, defect reports and quality alerts or enquiries.
- Work in conjunction with the Group Technical Manager to ensure Food Safety, HACCP, TACCP and VACCP on site.
- Support and proactively design and drive continuous improvement initiatives within the department to improve quality standards.
- Taking the lead for quality sections in internal, external and 3rd party audits
- Ensuring strict adherence to food safety and hygiene standards are implemented, maintained, and adhered to.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and controlling all activities and staff within the team to enable the business to achieve the right quality product at the right time in line with food quality and safety systems.
- Improve labour effectiveness of the quality team whilst ensuring that quality standards are set and maintained.
- Manage and motivate all team members and ensure they are supported and work in partnership to deliver quality KPIs that contribute to business KPI's.
- Ensure all equipment and systems are maintained with suitable and sufficient protection as defined by legislation for the Quality teams and their work locations.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
- Maintenance and management of appropriately detailed GAP analyses supported by comprehensive remedial plans.
- Implementing Hygiene schedules, liaising with Hygiene suppliers, managing Hygiene team to ensure the site complies with Food safety protocol.
- Aid in the recruitment, retention, and staff development processes to ensure the team always has the correct resources.
What you will need to succeed:
- 2-5 years Quality management experience
- 3rd level qualification in relevant discipline
- Customer facing experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and organisational skills.
- Team leadership qualities
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't!):
- Working knowledge of BRC standard, HACCP, Food Legislation, and Food Hygiene
- Training, project management and coaching skills
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.