Vickerstock are excited to be partnering with our client, a dedicated, family run food producers on the appointment of Quality Manager based in County Down. They have a long legacy of creating award-winning consumer retail brands as well as developing innovative products of the highest quality.
As Quality Assurance Manager you will be managing the Quality and Food Safety System, its practices and implementation throughout the facilities, with primary focus being product quality and safety through operational processes
What you will receive:
- Mon-Fri working hours
- Competitive salary paying from £30,000
- Free parking
- On the job training and development
What your typical day as Quality Manager will look like:
- Lead the Quality and HACCP team.
- Ensure the Quality standards are met (delivered and maintained)
- Liaise with internal/external customers on the Quality Assurance requirements.
- Ensure good hygiene practices.
- Contribute to attainment & renewal of BRC Grade AA status and ensure Supplier BRC Certification is updated.
- Produce production / working specifications as required and identify and record any product and/or service quality problems.
- Identify any quality problems and non-conformances.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Work with the Technical Manager to ensure the technical and quality team are motivated, and fully trained on health and safety procedures (food safety)
- Support in any recruitment.
- Carry out supplier audits based on risk analysis.
- Co-ordinate internal audits including regular hygiene audits, glass audits and housekeeping / GMP checks.
- Build a positive team spirit, by leading, motivating, coaching, and developing the Quality Team.
- Set goals and priorities for your staff, tracking, and measuring outcomes.
- Encourage staff to identify measures that will improve performance and encourage continuous improvement.
What you will need to succeed:
- HND/Degree level qualification in a science or food technology.
- Formally HACCP trained.
- Proven Quality experience
- Leadership skills
- Good communicator
- Positive and creative
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.