Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership with our client, an industry leading food packaging company on the appointment of a passionate, driven, and independent Quality Manager based on their new brand-new state-of-the-art facility in Armagh.
My client produces fruit, vegetable, and meat packaging to food manufacturers throughout the island of Ireland, UK and Europe and the successful Quality Manager will manage and maintain the company's quality systems to ensure best practice throughout the business.
What's in it for you?
- £30-40k DOE
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (flexibility would be required to meet demands of the business)
- Only 1 audit per year!
- Full responsibility for the Quality Department, given flexibility to make the role your own and progress with the business.
What your typical day as Quality Manager will look like:
- As this is a Production focused business there would be a requirement to spend a large percentage of your time on Production Floor
- Ensure all areas of the quality system are completed and to address any non-compliance that may arise.
- Conduct the External Audit with the General Manager as and when they arise and ensure any non-conformances are closed out.
- Carry out training on an on-going basis in relation to quality policies and procedures.
- Check the quality of the products against product specification.
- Maintain the company's Hazard and Risk Management System.
- Carry out Internal Audits as per the established schedule and ensure any non-conformances are closed out.
- Ensure the company is kept up to date with changes in legislation in relation to packaging materials and materials in contact with food.
- Ensure the company's traceability processes are always maintained by carrying out testing on an on-going basis.
- Close out customer complaints and to compile a trend analysis of the same making recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure the site is always meeting the Quality Site Standards.
- Compile reports and conduct Management Review Meetings on a regular basis and follow through on all action points to be completed.
- Any other duties as may be required to fulfil the needs of the post.
What you will need to succeed:
- 2-5 years Quality management experience in a small Food Manufacturing/FMCG business.
- 3rd level qualification in relevant discipline
- Working knowledge of BRC standards
- Able to take responsibility for full Quality function of a business.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and organisational skills.
- Driving license as visits to supplier and customer sites may be necessary.
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't!):
- HACCP, Food Legislation, and Food Hygiene knowledge/certifications
- Training, project management and coaching skills
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES