Vickerstock are working in partnership with a forward thinking, market leading manufacturer based in Ballymena on the appointment of an experienced Senior Buyer.
What's in it for you?
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000
The main purpose of your new role will be to source suppliers who will supply materials at the optimum acquisition cost ensuring quality standards are maintained and departmental goals achieved.
In your new role:
- Reporting directly to the Strategic Purchasing Manager
- You will be responsible for maintaining the material cost on the "Bill of Materials" for all products within the commodities you are responsible for and ensuring costs are less than the current sales quotation per contract
- Responsible for issuing requests for quotation (RFQ's) for any new parts added to the "Bill of Materials" within the allotted components
- Populate Sage System with the price, lead-time and supplier details as necessary
- Manage the engineering process, to purchase new parts and ensure the suppliers are supplying to the correct revisions of drawings
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery KPI's - such as shortages, quality & invoice queries.
- Actively contribute to achieving departmental goals and objectives. Relating to supplier reduction and cost reductions.
- Initiate supplier agreements and see them through to implementation
- Actively contribute to New Product Introduction projects
- Source new suppliers for items within the allocated commodities
- Discuss with suppliers to achieve optimum batch sizes and hence reduce costs
- Analyse the cost of manufacture of parts considering the cost of raw materials, labour costs, machining costs to ensure the company is getting value for money from the subcontracting supply base
- Compare drawings of new parts with existing parts to ensure cost increases or decreases are justified.
- Recover money owed from suppliers for non-performance and warranty claims.
What you will need to succeed:
- 4 years' experience in a senior purchasing role
- Degree level (or equivalent) in a Business, Engineering or Supply Chain Management related discipline
- Extensive experience of negotiation and writing supplier agreements
- Demonstratable experience of cost reductions taken from idea to implementation
- Sound knowledge of MRP systems
- Experience of interpreting and communicating Engineering drawings in the various manufacturing materials and have mechanical aptitude
- Experience of processing quotations
Desirable (It would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't)
- Further educational qualifications in CIPS (or similar Purchasing & Supply) courses
- Experience in negotiating with suppliers for warranty recovery
- Qualified or relative experience in Mechanical Engineering
For a confidential conversation on the role, get in touch with Chris our Supply Chain specialist on 028 9031 3720 or to hear what other opportunities Vickerstock have to offer please visit www.vickerstock.com/jobs
This opportunity will suit candidates from the Belfast, Ballyclare, Antrim, Randalstown, Toome, Portglenone, Rasharkin, Ballymoney, Maghera, Magherafelt, Larne areas.