Senior Civil Engineer (Water / Wastewater) | Cork
Vickerstock are working alongside McAdam Design, a leading Northern Irish, multi-disciplinary consultancy to support in the recruitment of a Senior Civil Engineer to join their newly established Cork subsidiary focusing on the design of sustainable water & wastewater infrastructure. The Cork based Technical Director, along with the Senior Management Team in Belfast have aligned their business plan with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, placing sustainability at the heart of everything they do with a commitment to delivering community focused benefits.
Your new role as a Senior Civil Engineer (Water / Wastewater)
Your responsibilities will vary with each project, but may include:
- Leading a large, multi-disciplinary design team across all stages of the project life-cycle;
- Managing the timely delivery of the civil engineering design packages;
- Managing approvals processes, including planning applications, foreshore licence approvals, etc;
- Project coordination and management, including communicating with clients and stakeholders, programme management and progress reporting;
- Working and communicating effectively in both local and remote team environments;
- Procuring and managing sub-consultants;
What you will need to succeed as a Senior Civil Engineer (Water / Was
- Degree in Civil Engineering. Master's degree would be beneficial but is not essential;
- Chartered with Engineers Ireland or an equivalent body;
- Minimum 5 years' experience in design of linear infrastructure projects;
- Ability to work within a team environment across multiple locations;
- Good organisational, communication and analytical skills;
- Experience in using CAD or GIS platforms would also be beneficial but is not essential;
What's in it for you?
Although the Cork office is newly established, the business has an extensive pipeline of exciting projects for multiple clients in the Munster region. This appointment will provide the successful applicants with the opportunity to further develop their technical and managerial skills along with excellent opportunities for career advancement, while working on projects which make a tangible and meaningful difference to society and the environment.
For a confidential discussion on this, or any other vacancy in the Civil or Structural Engineering sector contact Brian Mitchell at Vickerstock Recruitment