Senior Estimator | Construction
We are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Estimator to join our client's successful Construction Division. Established for over 30 years and operating across the UK and Ireland, our client are a reputable multi-disciplinary specialist contractor with a fantastic company culture, evidenced by their strong employee retention.
With a multi-million pound turnover and working in a number of sectors, the teams are going from strength to strength. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be encouraged to provide innovative approaches to driving the continued business success story.
What's in it for you?
In addition to remuneration (disclosed on successful application) you will receive an enhanced benefits package, including:
- IIP Gold Company
- Life Cover
- Enhanced Holidays
- Private Pension
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wellbeing Initiatives & Perks
- Health Cash Plan
Your new role as Senior Estimator
- Mixed-form document and file management to include logging tender enquiries and files, and reviewing all appropriate documentation (e.g. drawings and specifications, forms of contract and programme)
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers, selecting appropriate alternatives for tender consideration.
- Maintain a comprehensive list of named suppliers and explore new options to enhance competitiveness.
- Conduct take-offs, review specifications and tender documentation, and make use of the appropriate methods to ensure accuracy in estimating project needs.
- Prepare comprehensive bid packages for suppliers, ensuring clarity and adherence to project requirements and implementing deadlines.
- Foster strong communication channels with suppliers to address queries and facilitate a smooth tender process.
- Collaborate with the Design and Contract Management team to agree a methodology for the fully contract cycle, including value engineering and integrating new technologies.
What you will need
- 8-10 years experience within an Estimating role, within the field of building services and demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry.
- Expertise in counting off, measuring, and pricing projects, showcasing a track record of accurate and detailed project assessments.
- Strong communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Confident pitching 'outside-the-box' methods with a commercial and pro-active approach to delivering Company profit.
For a confidential discussion about this or any other vacancy in the Commercial Construction Sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment.