An outstanding position for a Senior Estimator with experience of heavy civils and tunnelling to become a central part of our Client's newly established Belfast office, with free parking and conveniently located next to popular rail and bus routes.
We are thrilled to be working in partnership with one of the UK's leading subcontractors, specialising in tunnelling and operating globally. Over the past four decades, the Group has expanded its reach to international markets, diversified into new sectors, and completed multiple acquisitions. With steadfast leadership and an exceptionally skilled and motivated workforce, the Group have continued to reinforcing their standing and reputation in new and existing markets.
This is a unique opportunity to become a key player in the early success of the Group's Belfast operations, while acquiring future international projects that align with our Client's fundamental business principles.
What's in it for you
As a family owned business, our client is dedicated to their employees professional and personal development, as well career satisfaction, at all levels of operations. In additional to a highly competitive remuneration, you will be provided with a substantial benefits package, including:
- Generous pension
- Company bonus scheme
- Free parking
- Continuous Professional Development
- Life Assurance and wider ranging health & wellbeing perks
- Company sick pay
- Flexible working arrangements
Your role as a Senior Estimator
As a Senior Estimator, you will play a pivotal role in our Client's construction projects by meticulously evaluating project requirements, preparing accurate cost estimates, and ensuring efficient budget management. You will work closely with project teams, clients, and subcontractors to secure competitive pricing and maintain compliance with industry standards and regulations. Your expertise, technical skills and up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and regulations, will contribute to the success of the Belfast office and wider Group's operations, ensuring projects remain on budget and on schedule.
What you will need
As a motivated and experienced Estimator with a strong enthusiasm for acquiring projects that have lasting impact, you will join a team who encompass the following skills and attributes.
- A solid grasp of heavy civils and engineering principles, with a strong preference for experience in tunnelling projects.
- A record of delivering winning bids for projects with a range of values up to £20m.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications, including MS Project.
- Experience working with NEC 3 and NEC 4 forms of contract.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Auto-Cad and the use of estimating software and spreadsheet applications.
- A strong grasp of construction methods, materials, and industry best practices.
- Previous experience working on civil engineering or tunnelling sites.
- Project management experience is a valuable asset, along with professional certification in a relevant specialism.
For a confidential discussion about this or any other vacancy in the Commercial Construction Sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment.