Senior Project Design Engineer
£45-60K+ Bonus and Benefits
Moy, Tyrone with work from home and flexible start and finish hours (Monday to Friday)
Full time permanent position
Vickerstock are exclusive recruitment partners with International group McLanahan: who are currently setting up and establishing a new Northern Ireland base in Tyrone; one that will design, manufacture and supply their heavy engineering products across Europe. The company are in the process of hiring various experienced engineering and manufacturing staff right across the board and are seeking experienced heavy engineering staff to join their team - send your CV into us if you are interested, at any level!
As an overview, the role of Senior Project Design Engineer is to design and modify equipment to meet McLanahan Corporation and industry standards. The role is a full 360 degree position that will have an oversight on large multi-million pound projects right through from concept with the customer, through design and development to completion. The role is reporting into and taking direction from the Director of Engineering.
The role of Senior Project Design Engineer:
- Review customer drawings, specifications, and other applicable information to understand application requirements and evaluate the feasibility of our equipment for the application.
- Work with Sales and process engineering to develop sales proposal drawings.
- Perform calculations such as performance analysis, stress analysis, hydraulic system performance, drive train performance, risk assessment, cost analysis, etc as required
- Design and modify equipment to meet customer requirements that is cost effective to manufacture, and simple to operate and maintain.
- Create drawings that are easy to understand and convey design intent.
- Assist with the preparation of project documentation and technical data, such as qualification test procedures, acceptance test procedures, reports, etc.
- Perform liaison function with all manufacturing operations for any design-related issues, problems, or suggestions for improvement.
- Work with Project Management to ensure project deliverables meet timelines.
- Represent McLanahan Corporation in a positive manner both internally and externally while adhering to the organizations core values.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provide support to internal customers including manufacturing, purchasing, quality, accounting, publications, sales, marketing, and customer service.
- Interact with vendors concerning parts they supply or propose to supply.
- Travel to job sites as required to trouble-shoot, inspect, repair, and oversee equipment
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to, and enforcing all safety procedures and policies inside and outside the facility, including use of personal protective equipment.
Essential requirements for the role of Senior Project Design Engineer:
- 3rd level qualification in an Engineering related field
- 4+ years of experience
- Competent user of 3D Design software
- Experience performing analysis, including structural, performance, drivetrain, and risk/hazard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; then please send an updated CV via the link on the page, or get in touch with Hugh Nugent to discuss in absolute confidence
Hugh has 12+ years' experience specifically in Engineering / Manufacturing Recruitment and specialises across Senior Executive Placements, Design/Development and Quality Engineering roles throughout Ireland.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Cookstown, Dungannon, Coalisland, Omagh, Tyrone, Armagh, Portadown, Craigavon, Lisburn, Lurgan, Monaghan, Newry, Belfast areas.