Senior Quantity Surveyor | Belfast & Central England
A great opportunity for an established Quantity Surveyor to join a leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractor, operating throughout the UK and renowned for employee satisfaction.
Based out of our client's Belfast office, you will lead on the successful delivery of a multi-million pound Education sector project in Wolverhampton.
What's in it for you?
Our client offers a range of benefits in addition to their remuneration, including:
- Flexible and Hybrid working
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Generous pension contributions
- Life Assurance
Your New Role as a Senior Quantity Surveyor
You will play a crucial role in overseeing the commercial aspects of our client's project. You will provide essential commercial support and guidance to the project team to facilitate decision-making, maintaining commercial data, and ensuring adherence to contractual obligations. Additionally, you will monitor contract progress, control project costs, prepare valuations, and liaise with clients and third parties on commercial matters. The role requires a keen awareness of potential dispute resolution implications and a commitment to enhancing quality, health and safety, welfare, and risk management in line with company standards.
- Budget Preparation and Analysis:
- Procure subcontractors and suppliers as needed, ensuring compliance with company management systems.
- Preparing order documentation.
- Assess and certify interim payments to subcontractors.
- Valuation and Account Submissions.
- Prepare interim valuations and final account submissions.
- Manage and value variation accounts.
- Commercial Risk Management
- Assist in generating accurate monthly Cost Value Reconciliation reports.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance effective working relationships.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between the commercial and operational site teams.
What you will need to succeed
You will be able to demonstrate on your profile and at interview:
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role within the construction industry.
- Knowledge of relevant contract forms and commercial best practices (particularly JCT and NEC).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools for quantity surveying.
In addition, you will exhibit the following competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Risk management
- Commercial acumen
- Contract compliance
- Relationship builder
If you are a dedicated Quantity Surveyor with a passion for the commercial aspects of construction projects and the ability to contribute to a successful project outcome, we invite you to apply for this position.
For a confidential discussion about this or any other vacancy in the Commercial Construction Sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment.