What's in it for you?
- Competitive Package
- Plus Healthcare Cash Plan
- Plus Van + Fuel Card
- Plus Shift Allowance For Night Shift
Full Time Permanent Position
Vickerstock are working in partnership with an established civil engineering contractor based in Omagh on the appointment of a SHEQ Advisor.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join an already successful SHEQ Team, reporting to the senior SHEQ Manager the candidate would be responsible for Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality assurance on construction projects. This role would require occasional Night Shifts when needed.
Training would be provided for the successful candidate where needed, with excellent personal development and a clear career progression.
Your Responsibilities as SHEQ Advisor
- Carry out and support risk assessments to identify, assess and reduce the business's Health and Safety risks.
- Audit, analyse and report Health and Safety performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, keep up to date with legislative change and HSE NI guidance.
- Develop the occupational management system and liaise with the Internal Audit team to deliver continual improvement of the business operational performance.
- Provide training and support to all employees to enhance their development, to assist them in fulfilling their individual and collective H&S responsibilities.
- Implement risk improvement action plans.
- Maintain and update all relevant SHEQ Department administration. Assist in developing all the required documentation for the SHE Management System to be compliant with OHSAS 45001:2018 and ISO 14001/2015 and 9001/2015 standards.
What you need to succeed
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- 2 years' experience in Health and Safety is Ideal.
- Knowledge of Construction industry (desirable)
- A Clean Driving licence is essential for travel to sites
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; please send an updated CV via the link on the page or get in touch with Conal to discuss in absolute confidence.
Conal is a specialist Health, Safety and Environmental Recruitment Consultant who operates throughout all of Ireland, across all industries including Engineering, Manufacturing, FMCG and Construction. He operates on vacancies across all levels from Trainee to Officer to Lead and right into senior management.
FOR A FULL LIST OF HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE