At Vickerstock Recruitment, we are delighted to be recruiting for a UK leading main contractor for the position of Site Manger. With a number of specialist divisions including Construction, Civil Engineering and Fit Out, this organisation has the capability and expertise to deliver highly complex, high value projects across the full built environment spectrum. With offices across the UK, this local success story is now one of the largest main contractors in the UK and continues to grow. This particular role is based in London. The first project you will be working on is located in Putney, working on a major new build and refurbishment project valued at £120m.
Your new role as Site Manager
As Site Manager, you will become a valued member of an impressive Site team. In this role, you must have an understanding of the type of building contract and the key project stakeholders. You will liaise with the leading building services manager, project manager and quantity surveyor on works not deemed to be included in the scope of works for the project. It is your responsibility to complete material and equipment orders, liaising with the quantity surveyor. You will also be responsible for ensuring sub-contractors have been correctly assessed for their roles and ensure they compile and issue inspection and test plans. You will also be required to undertake the role of temporary works coordinator where necessary.
What you will need to succeed as Site Manager (it is great if you have these but don't worry if you don't)
- Good working experience in refurbishment and/or new build in commercial, retail, healthcare, or education
- Qualification in mechanical or electrical trade
- CSCS/SMSTS qualified
- Knowledge of BG6 and RIBA stages
- Experience working in a similar role on similar sized projects
- Valid UK driving licence
What's in it for you?
- 33 days annual leave which increases after 5 years
- Life insurance 4 times your annual salary
- 6% employer contribution pension
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to progress further in your career
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE