Vickerstock are working exclusively in partnership with a world famous engineering firm based in Belfast on the appointment of an experienced Subcontracts Manager.
Reporting directly to the Senior Procurement Manager you will be responsible for all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the bid process or purchasing decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, cost accountability, programme execution, through life support and contract closure.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary £75k - £85k (depending on experience)
- 10% bonus
- Full private health care cover
- Hybrid & flexitime working policy
In your new role:
- Liaising with peers from other disciplines and sites across the Group
- Create, execute and manage various International or Domestic subcontract types using various source selection techniques
- Participate in the development of supplier Statements of Work (SOW) and/or Procurement Technical Specifications and conducts bidders' conferences as required
- Cost & price analysis, develop negotiation strategies, and lead negotiations to create value for money outcomes with a low risk impact for procuring goods and services
- Work closely with suppliers and other stakeholders to build strong relationships and achieve collaborative partnering and strategic relationship management to deliver value for the organisation
- Responsible for early subcontractor identification and engagement to support new business pursuits and provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture
- Contribute to the creation of business capture strategies by recommending strategic choices to improve the organisation's short and long term performance
- Continually assess and promote sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Participate in gate reviews and capture/proposal efforts
- Lead or be an active member of the Supplier IPT, facilitating relationships between program office/functional organisations and suppliers
- Initiate and participate in supplier assessments and development activities
- Produces business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Participate / lead supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience in Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
- Experience of working with complex international suppliers/programmes
- Experience of programme management skills (IPDS/Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics/SOW Development/Business Finance)
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement/ material receipt processes
For confidential conversation on this role, get in touch with our Supply Chain Specialist Chris today.