- Posted 09 November 2022
- Salary £24000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NamePaul Muir
Technical Co-ordinator (Food) | Dromore
Vickerstock are currently recruiting a Technical Co-ordinator to join our Food Manufacturing clients growing team in their Co. Down facility.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Technical Co-ordinator will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the Quality Management System, ensuring the business is compliant with relevant customer and legislative requirements.
What we have to offer
- Salary £24-26k
- Established family business
- Career progression
Your day to day as the successful Technical Co-ordinator
- Audit, monitor and evaluate implementation of Quality Systems and Procedures
- Provide technical support for functional teams.
- Maintaining and promoting food safety, quality and integrity standards across the factory site.
- Identify and highlight compliance and non-compliance with Legal and Customer requirements, especially food safety and integrity.
- Working along with the operations team to identify root cause, corrective actions and to ensure continuous improvement.
- Maintaining and developing sections of the Quality management system in line with our customer requirements.
- Supporting other functions within the technical team such as specifications and supplier approval.
- Daily monitoring of production for compliance with BRC and other third party / customer standards.
- Maintaining production records, traceability, developing QAS documents and training materials.
- Completion of maintenance/ fabrication audits, cleaning checks and swabbing.
- Dealing with customer complaints and internal non-conformances.
- Co-ordinate internal and external sample requests.
- Co-ordinate shelf-life taste panels.
- Training of staff in site hygiene procedures.
- Building excellent working relationships with the cross-functional teams, our suppliers and our customers.
- Assisting in customer and third-party audits
- Track, report and follow through on any NCNs.
- Assist the Technical Manager with other duties as required.
Your essential ingredients:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a Food or Science-related discipline (professional experience gained within a food manufacturing environment will also be considered).
- 3 years proven experience in a Quality/Technical capacity
- Allergen Risk Assessment/Experience of Audit compliance
- HACCP & Food Defence experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to lead with authority, whilst maintaining good relations with colleagues across business functions
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Competent using IT software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
What we hope you will do next
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me (Paul Muir) now on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this job doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me, you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.