- Posted 05 May 2023
- Salary €65000.00 - €70000.00 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NamePaul Muir
Vickerstock are delighted to be partnering our client, a leading producer of fresh and cooked pork who are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of their employees with the appointment of Technical Manager for their Tipperary facility.
As the successful Technical Manager, you will be involved with the management of the Quality Assurance team and the Quality Control team. You will ensure that products are produced to the highest level of quality and compliant with the specification of both the customer and relevant bodies. You will play a key role in the development of employees and will be instrumental in the recruitment, selection, and training of their team.
What you will receive:
- Salary €62-70k
What your typical day as Technical Manager will look like:
- Leading, managing, and developing the quality team to make the best use of resources and skills.
- Identify training and development opportunities to continually grow and enhance the team knowledge.
- Responsibility for all third party audits
- Responsible for maintaining Bord Bia Quality Assurance Scheme and BRC
- Liaise with Department of Agriculture on a regular basis in relation to day to day issues and scheduled audits
- Review and Update HACCP
- Participate in the development and achievement of Quality goals, objectives and continuous improvement processes
- Set standards for the quality department
- Manage the activities and performance of the Quality Departments on both sites, ensuring that agreed objectives are met in a cost-effective manner, and production & quality issues are addressed
- Review customer requirements and ensuring that they are consistently met
- Define and make recommendations for improvement of defining quality processes and procedures;
- Implement and maintain the quality to ensure continued effectiveness of the Quality system and compliance with company policy;
- Manage corrective and preventive action programme, ensuring effective implementation of corrective and preventive actions;
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
Your Essential Ingredients
- Relevant Third level Qualification
- 5 years plus management experience in Quality within the food industry
- In depth knowledge of all relevant quality standards
- Experience in implementing all aspects of Quality Control Procedures
- Experience of Bord Bia and BRC accreditation and compliance procedures
- Strong communication skills with ability to deal with clients, suppliers as required
- Strong people leadership and interpersonal skills
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Paul now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES