Technical Manager (Food) | Ballymena
- Posted 03 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NamePaul Muir
Technical Manager (Food)| Ballymena | Excellent Salary
Vickerstock are proud to be working in partnership with our well renowned Food Manufacturing client whose vision is to become the best and most respected in their industry on the appointment of a Technical Manager for their Ballymena based facility.
Our Client are passionate about their people and recognise their teams, along with their individual drive and passion, are the reason for our continued success.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary
- Above statutory holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Continuous training provided
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted employee shop
- Life cover
- Shopping discounts
A typical day as Technical Manager:
As the successful Technical Manager you will be an integral part of the site leadership team ensuring excellent technical standards are in place and driving the highest standards of animal welfare, food safety product quality, technical integrity and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing the site Technical Policy, providing input into the overall business strategy and Food Safety and Quality targets.
- Implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of a HACCP based quality system
- Auditing of the factory environment and activities to enable full assessment of standards being achieved and any weaknesses to be identified.
- Management and development of the technical team and specific members of the NPD to include recruitment and selection, training and development, performance monitoring etc.
- Working closely with the Category Product Innovation and Development Manager and Operational team
- Effectively manage the workload and priorities, whilst encouraging ownership, responsibility and team unity
- Reporting of technical performance of the business, both internally and externally.
- Provision of technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of technical issues.
- Working with Customers / Statutory Bodies, implementation of legislation and Customer standards.
- Product / process / environmental improvements to meet Customer and legislative requirements and progress against internal KPIs.
- Auditing of animal welfare and hygiene standards
- Management of serious incidents and corrective actions / preventative measures.
- Investigate and evaluate options for new technologies; lead their implementation.
- Work in accordance with Health & Safety
- Deliver a plan to continuously improve Operational Excellence
- Full job description is available on request.
Your Essential Ingredients
- 3rd level qualification in Food related discipline
- Proven experience in a Quality management capacity within the food industry
- Excellent communicator with the visible passion and enthusiasm for achieving targets, objectives and continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of BRC standard, HACCP, Policies/ Codes of Practice for some of the major UK retailers, Food Legislation, and Food Hygiene
- Team leadership qualities to include initiative, self-motivation, organisation and assertiveness
- Logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Good understanding of the commercial and customer dynamics and the inherent complexity of supply across Private Label, Brand and distribution channels
And it would be great if you have these but it's not a deal breaker if you don't:
- Training, project management and coaching skills
- Chilled food, Agri fresh, and high risk experience
- Advanced HACCP diploma/ qualification
- Meat/Poultry industry experience
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Paul now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES