- Posted 24 February 2023
- Salary £26000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NamePaul Muir
Lead Blender | Belfast | Salary £26-28k
Vickerstock are proud to be working EXCLUSIVELY with our long established FMCG Client, renowned for delivering quality products, with the appointment of a Lead Blender for their East Belfast facility.
As the Lead Blender you will oversee the receipt, storage and movement of all raw materials received on site, supervising a small team of Blending Operatives producing blends and packing into finished product. You will be responsible for completing all associated quality paperwork and collaboration with all other departments to successfully deliver business needs.
What we have to offer:
- Salary £26-28K doe
- Working week: Monday to Thursday 7am to 5pm, Friday 7am to 1.45pm
- 28days holiday (incl. stats)
A typical day as Lead Blender:
Receipt and management
- Unload and store palletised deliveries of raw material by forklift.
- Assign storage and record receipt of raw material in racking
- Carry out regular stock counts and safety inspections of stored
- Identify and track movement of raw material from the warehouse into next stage of blending operation.
- Manage pre-processed blends into holding areas and plan usage against the needs of production
- Oversee the blending operation, equipment performance and direct operators on sequence of blending operation
- Liaise with departments re blending operation - Production, Quality, etc
- Manage the utilisation of blend storage hoppers to ensure raw material is available for Production at all times
Supply to Production
- Liaise and work with Production to ensure forward supply of blends for production
- Oversee supply and preparation of equipment for 'speciality' production
- Oversee collection, recording and rework of reject product
- Ensure traceability in place for all production
- Direct and lead a small team in following plans and tasks
- Coach the team to contribute positively to the department and the business
- Identify and work with others in necessary training for self and others in the department
- Ensure all necessary records are kept up to date in a clear and legible manner
- Ensure accurate stock counts take place and are recorded and shared
- Identify any 'speciality' product for re-order
- Be fully compliant with BRC, safety, environmental and other systems of work
- Contribute across the business as an internal auditor
Your essential ingredients:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs including English and Maths
- People management experience - preferably having led a small team in a production environment
- Strong communications skills
- Self-managing with good organisational skills
- Physically fit - due to the requirements of the role a reasonable degree of physical work is required
- Forklift licence - counterbalance and reach preferred
- Competent user of computer systems such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
And if you have the following, even better:
- Higher qualifications such as A Level or NVQ in a relevant topic
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Has worked in a BRC accredited company
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Can demonstrate their ability to lead change programs
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.