- Posted 14 March 2023
- Salary £45000 - £50000 per annum + perks
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEngineering & Manufacturing Jobs
- Contact NameChris Quinn
Vickerstock are working with a global engineering firm on the appointment of a Procurement Lead. This is a brand new role that would suit an experienced Buyer with a backround in heavy engineering wanting to take the next step in their career.
Reporting directly to the Operations director you will be responsible for managing all supply chain related activities within the business including all procurement activities such as managing the complete purchase order cycle, implementing & managing the ERP integration processes and negotiating contracts with suppliers etc.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary of up to £50,000
- Company bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working hours
In your new role:
- Identify and evaluate potential new suppliers
- Develop long lasting relationships with all suppliers negotiating best price, driving quality, on-time delivery and innovation
- Develop strong working relationships with co-workers, management & customers
- Implement and manage the full integration of the ERP system
- Update and maintain the integrity of all relevant work stream ERP data, including but not limited to part number data, supplier price lists, stocking levels, re-order levels, supplier payment terms, etc
- Effective management of the purchase order cycle, from PO suggestion to PO receipt
- Own and manage the MRP process
- Develop and deliver supply plans enabling the continuous supply of materials and parts to production
- Liaise closely with all internal stakeholders to ensure all key project milestones are met
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Extensively proficient in ERP systems and all Microsoft Office applications
For a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you with your next move, give Chris Quinn our Supply Chain specialist a call today.