Procurement Manager | Armagh
Are you someone who knows the landscape of ingredients buying?
Do you consider yourself to be a 'go getter' and good hunter when it comes to your specialism?
If you are looking for your next career move to one of the best paying companies in the North then please read on…
Vickerstock are working in partnership alongside our Food Manufacturing client known for their exceptional manufacturing standards and NPD capabilities on the appointment of Procurement Manager for their expanding business based in Armagh.
As the successful Procurement Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for the procurement including supplier selection, ordering, follow-up, and process control, while ensuring that internal customer requirements for materials/goods and services are achieved in a timely manner at the lowest total cost and in direct conformance with the company policies and procedures.
What your typical day as Procurement Manager will look like:
- Developing, implementing, and sustaining procurement plans and strategies, that are directly supportive of global procurement business objectives and professional/ethical business practices.
- Drive plant consistency of the globally harmonized procurement responsibilities and processes, while establishing and implementing best practices.
- Be abreast of global market trends and the driving force of change to deliver sustained cost reduction while maintenance the highest quality.
- Accountability for seamless, smooth provision of the goods and services supply for the facility.
- Fully understand and have a deep knowledge of the global and regional landscape of the supply market for goods and services in terms of supplier base, technologies, competitive environment, market trends and cost drivers.
- Find and implement strategic sourcing solutions previously unknown to Stone Bakery, or previously known but not actioned.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers. Fully understand and negotiate the structure and terms of common contracts and business models
- Identify and assess risks and benefits of sourcing decisions and clearly present proposals to mitigate risks collaboratively, ensuring sustained product supply-quality-compliance.
- Act as first escalation point if problems with suppliers arise. Coordinate resolution of supplier performance issues.
- Contribute to the annual budget process by providing reliable cost estimates and realistic forecasts.
- Manage the appropriate cost effect stock level to ensure CSL is maintained, and storage costs are at a minimum,
- Perform other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions, and all safety rules.
- Ensure adequate protection of confidential information and documentation. Restrict access to confidential information. Ensure that key operational and essential documentation files are properly stored.
- Responsible for maintaining stability of material supply and capacity requirements.
- Perform 'what if' analysis to assist in optimal scheduling, prioritising and key decision making.
- Implement risk mitigation strategies to maintain service levels.
- Drive a proactive cost down agenda by continually reviewing costs of raw materials and COGS.
- Achieve budgeted spend % for COGS agreed year on year.
- Assist in forecasts, allocation, inventory, supplier, and delivery.
- Develop and maintain a continuous flow of updates on latest supplier innovation in terms of alternative ingredients and / or process developments that could gain the business any competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Assist Food & NPI team with sourcing of suppliers, material requirements and costs.
- Participates in periodic sales forecasting meetings with sales, marketing, and other related departments; leads additional planning meetings with sales, production, shipping, purchasing, and customer service staff.
What you will need to succeed:
- Appropriate qualification in Business or Supply Chain
- 5 years of experience in Supply Chain/Production
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A solution orientated individual with a proven track record in problem solving
- Extensive knowledge of ERP Systems required. beCPG preferrable (MRP, MPS, S&OP)
- Strong Computer skills (ERP, MS Excel, Business Information tools)
- Capability to drive and sustain performance improvement
- Proven ability to deliver value add to Operations side of the business
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Paul now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES