Production Shift Manager
- Posted 15 March 2023
- Salary £38000 - £40000 per annum
- LocationCounty Antrim
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NameAnna Hall
Vickerstock are excited to be working in partnership with a world class, innovative soft drinks manufacturer on the appointment of Production Shift Manager for their site based in Ballymena.
As the successful Production Shift Manager you will drive the development and implementation of Company Strategy, champion best practice in the workplace and act as a driver for change and continuous improvement.
What you will receive:
- Salary £38-£40k including shift allowance.
- This is a shift position (12-hour shifts)
- On site parking
- Paid and additional holidays awarded with service.
- Employer Pension Compensation
- Extensive Training opportunities
- Health cash back plan (Eligible with service)
What your typical day as Production Shift Manager will look like:
- Lead your shift towards achieving targets and maintaining a positive team and working environment by working in a cooperative manner.
- Perform duties to the highest standard ensuring your teams work to standard operating procedures in a safe and efficient manner to maximise production and achieve targets.
- Monitor and manage changeovers / ramp ups to ensure all are completed in a timely and accurate manner and vigilantly monitor Line performance, addressing any problems promptly to minimise downtime, thus maximising line performance.
- Liaise with Senior Management Team when critical issues regarding product non-conformance, safety and/or production issues arise.
- Promote accident prevention on your line by ensuring all safety guidelines and standards are adhered to.
- Manage the Production function ensuring safety, legality and quality of all products produced.
- Actively participate in works and health and safety / HACCP teams and act as a management representative to improve communication and conditions across your lines.
- Using your operational knowledge of Production Lines, recommend potential operational improvements and make controlled adjustments to equipment to optimise the running efficiency.
- Develop and coach your Lead Technical Operators / teams to ensure effective teamwork across and between all shifts.
- Monitor the team's performance to ensure that wastage of product /consumables is kept to a minimum Ensure machine shutdowns are performed at the correct times as per schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring that your teams adhere to all GMP guidelines, and all areas are maintained to the highest standards of housekeeping and hygiene, in line with regulatory, company and customer requirements.
- Ensure your Lead Ops complete the basic planned maintenance records, and that paperwork is returned to the Maintenance department.
- Develop a robust training plan for your teams, including technical and operator roles, in liaison with Organisational Development Manager
- Ensure your teams comply with all hygiene, environmental and health and safety instructions provided and safeguard your own health and safety and that of others on your line who may be affected by your actions.
What you will need to succeed:
- Management/Supervisory experience
- H&S qualification or working knowledge of H&S standards.
- Experience in an operational/engineering role within a high-speed manufacturing industry
- Previous experience working towards regulatory and customer standards.
- Experience in driving process improvements in a FMCG environment
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.