- Posted 28 February 2023
- Salary Competitive
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NameAnna Hall
Vickerstock are excited to be working in partnership with our client, one of the largest producer of meat in the UK on the appointment of Quality Technician based in Enniskillen. Our client is committed to quality food whilst empowering their people to succeed.
As the successful Quality Technician, you will provide technical support and advise to the operational team to ensure current technical standards, customer requirements are maintained and enhanced where appropriate.
**Shift work, is essential for this position and the successful applicant will be expected to work on a rotational shift pattern**
What your typical day as Quality Technician will look like:
- Support all audits on site to ensure the auditor receives information in a timely and effective manner.
- Train out core technical skills such as allergen awareness, food hygiene & HACCP.
- Part of key projects such as allergen and cleaning validations.
- Provide technical support in trials.
- Drive compliance in all production areas against Food Safety & Quality Standards (OPEX MS)
- Promote Food Safety & Quality Culture model across site and involved in roll out of site plan
- Key contact for production issues such as supplier NCs, positive release etc
- Lead out customer & 3rd party standards and confirm adherence through factory line walks, inspections, and observations.
- Manage supplier complaints & non - conformances. Complete quarterly reviews with key suppliers, ensuring foods connected is maintained.
- Lead key technical projects such as hygiene & allergen validations, site claims validations
- Manage key supplier relationships at site: e.g., pest control, chemical supplier.
- Support & involved in internal & external audits and ensure corrective action close out is completed to schedule. Responsible for the completion of internal mock recalls and traceability exercises.
- Conduct investigations: e.g., microbial complaints etc ensuring root cause analysis and shared learning across site/ business where applicable.
- Support site during production trials to ensure product meets food safety and quality criteria.
- Train out core technical skills such as allergen awareness/ Food Hygiene/ HACCP etc
- Drive compliance to company and 3rd party standards across site.
- To lead out technical projects such as validations
- Key contact for production issues, including supplier NCs to ensure root cause identified.
- Support & assist in projects in accordance with the site goals.
Your essential ingredients:
- Experience in Technical/ Quality within Food Manufacturing Environment
- HACCP Level 3
- Food Safety Level 3
- Strong working knowledge of BRC and industry regulations
- IT Skills - proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to write reports & risk assessments.
- Degree in Food Safety / Technology or another appropriate discipline.
- HACCP Level 4
- 8 Step Problem solving experience.
- Experience in leading 3rd party audits
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.