- Posted 20 February 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineConstruction Jobs
- Contact NameNicole Barr
Quantity Surveyor | Hybrid
Vickerstock are proud to collaborate with a leading Water/ Wastewater contractor with offices based in Newry, who are expanding due to several project awards. This contractor is working on a number of high profiled, public sector framework projects across Northern Ireland and the UK including Wastewater treatment works, pumping stations and water/ sewerage mains infrastructure. They are now in the position to grow the team and are seeking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to manage the financial delivery of projects.
Your new role as a Quantity Surveyor
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager, you will be joining an established team liaising internally with Engineers, Project Managers, and other departments on the delivery of contracts. The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for preparation and management of project budgets.
Main Duties would include
- Preparation of reports and technical documentation, as well as assisting with bid and tender documentation, and contractual terms.
- Providing contractual advice.
- Undertaking audits of interim payments/final accounts;
- Manage contractual claims using experience and knowledge of NEC Suite of Contracts.
- Prepare cost analysis, value engineering options, and monthly reports on each assigned project.
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project.
- Mentorship of Junior Quantity Surveyors in the team
What you will need to succeed
- BSc Hons in Quantity Surveying or a degree within construction/ Engineering with considerable experience within Quantity Surveying.
- 3+ years' experience within a similar role
- Strong negotiating and communication skills
- Knowledge of NEC3/4 form of contracts.
Desirable; (Don't worry if you do not possess these just yet)
- Mechanical or Electrical Background
- Experience of working within Water/WW projects
What is in it for you?
This fantastic opening would give a Junior/ Intermediate Quantity Surveyor the opportunity to gain experience with a progressive engineering contractor.
Full Benefits package and industry leading salary is on offer with the option of Hybrid working.
*All backgrounds will be considered for this role and all projects are NI based*
If you are interested in this or any other commercial role, please contact Nicole Barr on 02890313720 for a confidential chat or send your CV
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE BROWSE OUR WEBSITE