Production Manager (Packaging) | Armagh
Vickerstock are partnering with a hugely innovative and quality focused food packaging supplier, with the appointment of a Production Manager for their Armagh facility.
This business has a fantastic reputation for excellence and continues to invest heavily in sustainable solutions.
What we have on offer:
- Circa £45k depending on experience
- Monday to Friday
- Senior Management position
Your day to day:
Ultimately this is a People Management focused role - as the successful Production Manager it will be your responsibility to ensure all production staff are operating at full optimisation and production processes are running efficiently at all times.
- Create and implement the production plans on a daily basis
- Ensure the delivery of the production plan across all lines, maximising yield and minimising downtime and waste, according to set targets.
- Lead daily production meetings ensuring focus on production performance, quality, output, downtime and rework. Identifying actions to be taken to address issues and monitoring progress.
- Produce daily production reports
- Ensure machinery is operating efficiently at all times with the Maintenance Manager
- Recommend improvement of the production processes to include efficiency, quality and safety
- Engage proactively with the HR Manager on a weekly basis to review the people KPI's including workforce planning, working time regulations, absence levels, recruitment, staff reviews and discipline
- Help maintain Quality Management systems and standards in conjunction with the Quality Manager
- Support the Operations Manager in the initiation, development and implementation of value adding projects - monitoring progress, developing corrective actions and reporting regularly on achievement to targets.
- Deputise for Operations Manager
- Health & Safety
- Continuous Improvement/Quality culture
- Applicants will have a minimum of 3years' production management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of understanding of operating integrity, of quality systems, compliance and quality.
- Enhanced leadership and people management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a tenacity to get to the root cause of operational issues
- High degree of flexibility with regards to working hours to ensure sufficient management of night shift and weekend shift when applicable.
- Strong communication, organisational, planning and time management skills
- Strong analytical/reporting skills
- Highly competent in MS Office applications
What to do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me (Paul Muir) now on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this job doesn't quite hit the mark, let's get a chat and see what else I can offer.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.